Saturday, February 18, 2017

Adjusting to Marriage

I know what you are thinking, I as an extremely single individual am totally qualified to talk about about this subject. Of course. Seriously though, I will admit that I am severely lacking in the experience department when it comes to this topic, but I do have a little bit of knowledge, it just hasn't been applied yet my friends.
First off my friends, if you think about it the marriage really begins at the proposal? Why you ask? (Or maybe you didn't, but I am going to tell you anyway). You officially start planning your life together when you get engaged, and isn't that what a marriage is all about? During class we discussed how the wedding should be planned by the couple, and not just the bride or the bride and her mother. This is because the wedding is for the couple, not just for the bride, and not for the bride's family. A lot of times is is considered the bride's day. That seems kind of sad though because it be something they both love and will remember as their day forever. I'm not saying that if the groom doesn't help plan it the marriage is doomed or it won't still be a special day for him, but shouldn't he get to have actual opinion on the matter? Also why does the average US wedding cost $27,000? That is so expensive. I understand that it is a special and important day, but that is honestly more than some people make in an entire year and more than half for what the average American makes in a year. It honestly hurts me to think about spending that much money, though I am not even close to getting engaged, so we'll have to see how I feel when it actually comes up.
Once the wedding is out of the way, the hard stuff starts. There are many things that people who have not lived together before marriage will have to adjust to and think about. Some things are hopefully discussed before marriage, but most often are not. Before a couple gets married they should make sure they have discussed the important stuff, and even the little stuff. Like do you know how they sleep? Do they like it hot or cold? Do they sleep talk? Do they do other weird things in their sleep? I apparently drink my water bottle and talk and do other weird things in my sleep. I figure that will be fairly important to whoever I marry and share a bed with. I just think that it is important that we make sure we know a fair bit about what we are getting into and then learn how to compromise when we need to. Don't give up over the small things either, learn how to deal with them. I could probably go on about this for awhile, but I think that's all for now. See you later friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment