Saturday, February 4, 2017

Siblings

In an article we read for this week it talks about how having siblings, specifically sisters, help mental health. I found this interesting because I do indeed have sisters. I have an older sister who is older by two and a half years, and a younger sister who is younger by three years. The article talks about how having these siblings help negative feelings be lessened. It's kind of hard for me to say whether or not that is true since I don't know any different other than living with my sisters, but I would say in my family I probably have a little bit of both. I like to think that my sisters are pretty protective over me, I know I am over them, probably to the point of being annoying sometimes. My sisters do look out for me and care about me. They love me and I love them. Sometimes though, we fight and grow apart and have differences. Those times can sometimes be the loneliest and have the most negative emotions I have ever had, at least in my experience. At this point in my life, I know my sister's got my back, and nothing against my sisters, but it definitely didn't always feel like that growing up. Maybe that's just the way I perceived things and maybe this is going to offend my sisters if they read it, but I really don't know. It's hard to discuss this from a perspective of whether or not it helped my mental health more than others who didn't have siblings because I only have my one experience and everyone has different personalities and experiences so it is very hard to test. To sum it all up though, I do love my sisters very dearly and I miss them very much right now as I am up at school. I am incredibly grateful for everything that the three of us have been through together.

No comments:

Post a Comment